Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cupcake Cupcakes!

Cupcake Pebbles, that is! This is my new favorite cereal:

I love Fruity Pebbles, so I was thrilled to find Post's new pebbles cereal. There is actually a recipe on the box for a "giant cupcake" made from cakes but it didn't make a lot of sense to me, so I opted to make plain old cupcakes.

Cupcake Pebbles Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Heinz Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake
Ingredients on box (water, veg. oil, and 3 large egg whites)
2 cups Cupcake Pebbles Cereal
Betty Crocker Strawberry Mist Frosting
Extra cereal for sprinkles

Simply follow the directions on the box and throw in the 2 cups of Cupcake cereal. Cook as directed on the box. I was feeling very lazy so I used store bought frosting. BUT it turned out being the perfect taste to match the cupcakes! Finally, sprinkle the cereal on the top.

By the way...does this gross anyone else out?! Is it common procedure to spoon the whitish stuff out of egg whites? Or am I just way too picky?


Here's the final product, complete with my new "cake plate." I found the two pieces at D.I. I think the bottom piece is actually for a light, but I liked the look.



1 comment:

  1. Great information thanks for getting this out there for people like me to read.Lots of good statistical information found right there. Interesting to see how much all those big blogs are making.Thanks for sharing, really cool site....


    Island-mounted Range Hoods

    ReplyDelete